W. Charles Thompson Museum School Scholarships
As a result of a generous gift from the Phil Leach Memorial Education Fund, the Attleboro Arts Museum is pleased to offer scholarships to art students of all ages and backgrounds who might not have access to funds to further their knowledge in the arts. We work to provide learning opportunities in the visual arts and nurture the creative development of each student through our arts classes, summer and vacation art sessions, workshops and exposure to our Museum exhibitions.
Scholarship opportunities are awarded to children, teen and adult art students. The Review Committee typically selects four to six, full and partial tuition scholarships per year.
There are no exceptions to these guidelines.
- Students applying for a scholarship can be of any age and background.
- Scholarships will be granted based on the applicant’s level of commitment and dedication to developing their artistic talents.
- If you are awarded a Museum scholarship, you will not be eligible to apply again until 2 years have past since the date of the awarded scholarship.
- All scholarship applications will require copies or digital representations of student artwork, an artist profile and artist statement. (Adults can assist minors).
- All scholarship applicants must indicate the art class, summer and vacation art session or workshop desired on their application. Only one scholarship per family, per year can be awarded. Without this information the scholarship will not be reviewed.
The Attleboro Arts Museum receives many applications and can only sponsor one student per round of programming. To be sure we are sponsoring the right student please provide us with all of the following information.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION INCLUDES:
- A Student Profile: Please attach a resume or biography to the scholarship application. Include information such as honors and awards, artist experience, exhibitions, etc. (Two pages or less please).
- A Student Artist Statement: Kindly explain your thoughts and goals behind studying the visual arts and your desire for this arts program. Your statement should help the Review Committee make their decision. (One page or less please).
- A Student Portfolio of Artworks: Please supply between 3-5 samples of your art. NOTE: Please provide accurate print copies or images on a CD. No original artwork will be accepted for review. Due to the high volume we are unable to return your samples or CDs.