Calling All Budding Artists ages 5 – 17!
ALL SMILES is a free Attleboro Arts Museum Art Contest
Sponsored by Salem Orthodontics
SHOW US YOUR TEETH! All artworks must represent either a student’s favorite Laugh-Out-Loud moment from his/her personal experience or invoke a Laugh-Out-Loud moment from the viewer.
Deadline for entries is Saturday, April 29th by 5pm.
- Best in Show Overall (Ages 5 – 17)
- Best Laugh-Out-Loud Artwork
- Ages 5 – 8: First Place, Second Place, Third Place and Honorable Mention
- Ages 9 – 13: First Place, Second Place, Third Place and Honorable Mention
- Ages 14 – 17: First Place, Second Place, Third Place and Honorable Mention
All Attleboro Arts Museum All Smiles Art Contest winners will receive a Certificate of Recognition and will take home a special package of “All Smiles” gifts from Salem Orthodontics.
Salem Orthodontics recognizes the importance of arts for our youth and directly supports creative learning opportunities that allow students to voice their creativity and comment on their culture. Please like Salem Orthodontics on Facebook or follow on Instagram @salemorthodontics.
Four full-day summer art week/class scholarships for 2017 (a $250 value each) will be given to the following award categories: Best in Show Overall Ages 5 – 17; First Place Ages 5 – 8; First Place Ages 9 – 13; First Place Ages 14 – 17. All Smiles scholarships must be redeemed during the Museum’s 2017 summer session, no exceptions.
- All Smiles Art Contest is open to all students ages 5 – 17
- Contest age divisions are 5 – 8, 9 – 13 and 14 – 17
- There is no fee to enter
- Up to 2 artworks per student may be submitted
- Artwork entries must be no larger than 18 inches by 24 inches.
- Entries must be less than ¼ inch thick.
- Entries may be multi-color, black and white, or a single color.
- Open to all two-dimensional art mediums that may include, but not be
limited to drawing, illustration, painting, scratchboard, printmaking, collage, etc.
- All entries must be the artist’s original, hand-drawn creation and may not be traced or copied from
photographs or other artists’ works.
- Students are encouraged to create a new work of art for this art contest or choose an appropriate
artwork from their portfolio. Artworks must have been created in the last year, 2016 – present.
- Artworks that have been previously exhibited at the Attleboro Arts Museum will not be considered.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Deadline for entries is Saturday, April 29th by 5pm.
- Entries may be emailed to email@example.com, subject line “All Smiles Art Contest”
OR hand-delivered to the Attleboro Arts Museum, 86 Park Street, Attleboro, MA 02703.
- No submissions of original artwork please. If emailing, please provide an accurate digital (JPEG)
image of the submitted artwork(s). If hand-delivering, please provide accurate photo-copies of the
submitted artwork(s). Due to high volume we are unable to return your printed samples.
- All entries must be submitted with an All Smiles Art Contest Submission Form. Your entry is not
complete without the inclusion of this submission form.
ALL SMILES ART CONTEST TIMELINE:
- Saturday, April 29th by 5pm – Artwork Submissions Deadline
- May 2017 – Notification of Winners. Winners will be announced on the Museum’s website at
www.attleboroartsmuseum.org by no later than May 26th, 2017. No calls please – thank you! All
artists that submitted artwork will be recognized on the Museum’s website.
- Friday, June 2nd or Saturday, June 3rd; 10am-4pm – Drop-off Original Winning Artworks at the
- Saturday, August 26th from 6 – 7:30pm – Exhibition of Winning Artworks. This exhibition will be
showcased during the Attleboro Arts Museum’s end of summer event called, Arts Night at the
Museum. A presentation of awards by a representative of Salem Orthodontics will take place at
6:30pm. All are invited to attend this free presentation.
- Tuesday, Aug 29th; 10am-4pm – Pick up of Original Winning Artworks. Artists may also pick up their
artwork(s) at the end of the night on Aug 26th. The Museum will not be responsible for artworks that
are not picked up by the final pick up date of Aug 29th at 4pm.
A panel of judges that include local working artists and art educators will select the winning artworks. The artworks will be judged on personal expression, imagination, creativity, individuality and how well the piece relates to the All Smiles theme.
Attleboro Arts Museum