- Members’ Exhibition – 2016
- Line – 2017 National Juried Exhibition
- Artwork delivery dates: November 17th, 18th and 19th
- Exhibition dates: December 9th – February 2nd
- Opening Awards Reception: Saturday, December 10th; 2 – 4pm
An important Attleboro Arts Museum (AAM) member benefit is the opportunity to annually exhibit original artwork in the Museum’s Ottmar Gallery. In the spirit of our tagline – Arts for Everyone – all work is accepted into this exhibition. Once the work is exhibited, a guest juror will award prizes.
Awards Totaling $700 in Cash & Prizes
$100 for Best Representational; $100 for Best Abstract (non-traditional, experimental); Six $50 Juror’s Choice; Four $50 Blick Art Materials gift certificates. Merit Awards will also be distributed.
- Delivery Dates: November 17th, 18th & 19th; 10am-4pm
- Exhibition Dates: December 9th, 2016 – February 2nd, 2017. The Museum will close Dec 24th, 2016 and reopen Jan 5th, 2017
- Opening Awards Reception: Sat, December 10th from 2-4pm
- Pick Up Dates: February 3rd & 4th, 10am-4pm. Note: A representative can pick up your work for you. Work left after February 4th will be charged $5 per day, per piece. Late fee payable at time of late pick-up. No exceptions – thank you for your cooperation.
Members’ Exhibition Entry Guidelines
• Eligibility: Artists must be AAM members with dues paid through Feb 2017. You can join as a member when you drop off your artwork on November 17th, 18th or 19th.
• Entry Fee: Remains $17 per piece (3 pieces max. per artist).
• Entry Forms: Artists must complete a loan agreement form and one ID form for each piece. These forms will be available at the Museum, but you can also download and complete in advance:
2016 Members’ ID Form
• Originality: Only original artwork that has been created during the past 3 years will be accepted. All mediums welcome. Giclee prints or work that has previously been exhibited at any time at the AAM will not be accepted.
- All 2D work must be firmly framed and ready to hang with sturdy framing wire before delivery to the Museum. No clips or saw tooth hangers. Gallery wrapped canvases will be accepted, but staples cannot be exposed. Visit attleboroartsmuseum.org; go to Exhibitions; Framing Guidelines for examples.
- The finished size, including the frame, of each 2D piece cannot exceed 36”x 36”, or weigh more than 30lbs. PLEASE NOTE THAT 36″ X 36″ IS THE MAXIMUM FRAMED SIZE ACCEPTED. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY WORKS. Please keep this size requirement in mind when selecting work to submit. Thank you.
- Sculpture must weigh under 100lbs with a maximum footprint of 36”x 36”.
- Film/video must be submitted with technology to display your work.
- Works with wet paint will not be accepted.
- Once artwork is delivered to the Museum it cannot, under any circumstances, leave the gallery until the show ends.
- We cannot guarantee that separate works from one artist will hang together in the Members’ Exhibition.
• Sales & Commission: The Museum will receive 30% of all work that is for sale. All other work must be labeled NFS (Not For Sale).
Consider Applying for Our 2017 “8 Visions” Exhibition
A prestigious group show spotlighting 8 member artists.
• To apply, artists must exhibit work in the 2016 Members’ Exhibition and complete an 8 Visions application. This form will be available at the Museum, but you can also download and complete in advance.
• The Members’ Show guest juror will review the artist’s exhibition submission(s) and invite up to 20 applicants to submit a portfolio for further review. New guest jurors will then choose the 8 artists for the “8 Visions” exhibit held in the summer of 2017.
• The fee for the “8 Visions” application remains at $17.
• “8 Visions” exhibiting artists from 2014, ‘15 & ‘16 are not eligible for the 2017 “8 Visions” competition. Note: After this round of applications, “8 Visions” alumni will have to wait 5 years to apply (2011 and earlier).
(Shown: “8 Visions” exhibition 2016)
Museum Gift Shop Holiday Extravaganza
The AAM’s gift shop expands for the holidays on Dec 9th & 10th. Stop by from 10am-4pm for unique gifts at irresistible prices. Call 508-222-2644 x13 by Oct. 28th to have your original, handmade work reviewed for consignment.
Top graphic: Image by Philip Young.
Line – 2017 National Juried Exhibition
Call for Artists: Line – A National Juried Exhibition
Open to all mediums, sizes & concepts that relate to, or include, a line. Imagine … a chorus line, signing on the dotted line, horizon lines, a police line up, waiting in TSA lines, cross-hatching, long and winding roads, zip lines, crossing the picket line, lines in the sand, tally marks … where and how do you draw the line?
Line will be on display at the Attleboro Arts Museum from June 16–July 15, 2017. Six prizes of $100 each will be awarded.
All mediums & interpretations of Line from US artists will be juried. There is no size limit for 2D, however all entries (both 2D & 3D) cannot weigh more than 100 lbs each.
A full prospectus will be posted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in Line.
- Submissions: By April 25th, 2017. Note: All national juried exhibition submissions will be collected through CaFÉ (CallForEntry.org) in 2017. The call for Line will go live this fall. Please check back.
- Opening Awards Reception: Thursday, June 15th, 2017; 7-9pm
- Exhibition Dates: June 16th – July 15th, 2017
Image: Let’s Stop Here (detail) by Erin Spencer.
Attleboro Arts Museum, 86 Park St., Attleboro, MA 02703