Line – 2017 National Juried Exhibition
Line – 2017 National Juried Exhibition
Open to all mediums, sizes & concepts that relate to, or include, a line. Imagine … a chorus line, signing on the dotted line, horizon lines, jump ropes, a police line up, waiting in TSA lines, cross-hatching, long and winding roads, zip lines, crossing the picket line, lines in the sand, tally marks … where and how do you draw the line? LINE will be on display at the Attleboro Arts Museum from June 15 – July 15, 2017. Six prizes of $100 each will be awarded.
- All entries must be submitted through CaFÉ (CallForEntry.org) by Tuesday, April 25th at 11:59 PM, Mountain Time. Click here to be connected to the LINE call on CaFÉ.
- Email or hand-delivered entries will not be accepted.
Entry Guidelines: Each artist may submit up to two different entries. All mediums & interpretations of LINE from US artists will be juried. There is no size limit for 2D, however all entries (both 2D & 3D) cannot weigh more than 100 lbs each. Work must not have been previously exhibited at the Attleboro Arts Museum at any time.
Specifications: The Attleboro Arts Museum will accept ONE jpg for each 2D submission and TWO jpgs with different views for each 3D or installation submission. Each file must be named with the title of the piece (example: zigzag.jpg, or for 3D/installation submissions the files could be named, zebra-1.jpg and zebra-2.jpg). Audio and video files can be submitted. If selected, all video and audio technology must be supplied by the artist.
Entry fees: Each artist may submit up to two different entries. $18 covers payment for up to two entries for Museum members; $25 covers up to two entries for non-members. You can join as a member when you pay for your submission(s). All fees are non-refundable.
Entry Deadline: Tuesday, April 25th at 11:59 PM, Mountain Time. All entries must be submitted through CaFÉ (CallForEntry.org). Click here to be connected to the LINE call on CaFÉ. Email or hand-delivered entries will not be accepted.
Notification of Decision: All artists will receive an automatic email sent to the email address that they have provided with the status of their submission(s) by Wednesday, May 24th at 7:00 PM, Mountain Time. Additionally, all accepted works will be posted on the Museum’s website: www.attleboroartsmuseum.org. All artists are expected to check the in-box of the email that they provided for notification of the juror’s decision. Please no telephone or email inquiries.
IF YOUR ARTWORK IS ACCEPTED:
Delivery of All Accepted Work: To properly record and install all accepted pieces, all work (and detailed hanging instructions, if applicable) must be delivered between May 25th and June 7th, from 10 AM – 3 PM Eastern Time. We’re closed Sunday & Monday, and one Saturday during that period – May 27th. We will not accept your artwork before May 25th or after June 7th. Note: You can send a representative on your behalf to deliver and/or pick up your artwork for you. Work can be delivered in-person or shipped to the Attleboro Arts Museum.
Mark all accepted artwork with the artist’s name, address, city/state/zip, phone, email, title of piece, dimensions (w x h x d) or weight (no more than 100 lbs) and sale price (if applicable). Download and complete a Line loan agreement and delivery checklist and submit with your artwork.
If you are hand-delivering and picking up your artwork you will only need to download and complete a Line loan agreement. Loan agreements are required for all accepted artwork, no matter how it arrives or leaves the Museum.
Artists are responsible for all payments associated with the shipping of their work. All shipped work must include:
1) $10 handling fee – per piece
2) Pre-paid return shipping label
3) Pre-paid shipping vendor’s pick-up fee
4) A photo of your artwork on the outside of your package
5) A completed Line loan agreement and delivery checklist.
Send to: Attleboro Arts Museum, Line, 86 Park St., Attleboro, MA, 02703. Fees are non-refundable. Checks payable to Attleboro Arts Museum.
Presentation: All accepted work must be framed, gallery-wrapped or finished on the edges and ready to hang at delivery with a sturdy wire hanging system. See Framing Guidelines for details. We recommend neutral frames and white or off-white mats. Any delivered work that does not meet the standard of the juror’s decision, or is not the piece that was accepted, will not be installed, and shipped work will be returned COD.
Sales: All art sales are subject to the Museum’s commission of 30% for Museum members, 40% for non-members. Work does not need to be for sale.
Insurance: The Attleboro Arts Museum will insure all work from the date of arrival at the Museum through the stated pick-up dates. The maximum insurance amount covers up to an artist’s value of $2000, with a $500 deductible payable by the artist. The Museum is not responsible for loss or damage in shipping, or for insuring art during shipping. Art left beyond the final pick-up date of July 19th at 3 PM Eastern Time, will not be insured.
In-person Pick-up of Exhibited Work: July 15th from 4-5pm Eastern Time & July 18th and 19th; 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time. Work left beyond July 19th at 3:00 PM Eastern Time will be charged $5 per day per piece, payable at late pickup.
Return of Work–Shipped by the Museum: All work will be packed and shipped out by July 19th, 2017. You must enclose pre-paid shipping labels for the return of your work (that also covers the shipping vendor’s pick-up fee) and a $10 handling fee per piece. Checks made payable to Attleboro Arts Museum. If you are within driving distance we would appreciate an in-person pick-up.
- Any delivered work that does not meet the standard of the juror’s decision, or is not the actual piece that was accepted, will not be installed and will be returned COD to the artist.
- Accepted works must remain on exhibit for the duration of the exhibit. There are no exceptions.
- Although all care will be exercised, the Attleboro Arts Museum cannot be responsible for any loss or damage in shipping or while on exhibit.
- The Attleboro Arts Museum reserves the right to create or use digital images of all submitted artwork and to use those images only for exhibition publicity and for archival and historical purposes.
- The Attleboro Arts Museum is not responsible for artwork left unclaimed past pick up date of July 19th, 2017 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time.
Dates, specifications & fees are non-negotiable. Questions: 508.222.2644 x13
- Submissions: By April 25th, 2017. All submissions will be collected through CaFÉ (CallForEntry.org) Click here to be connected to the LINE call on CaFÉ.
- Opening Awards Reception: Thursday, June 15th, 2017; 7-9pm
- Exhibition Dates: June 16th – July 15th, 2017
Image: Let’s Stop Here (detail) by Erin Spencer.
Attleboro Arts Museum, 86 Park St., Attleboro, MA 02703